There are a range of mental health support services available locally.

Below are links to local services and national websites to help you navigate the type of help you are looking for. If the first service you try does not fit, it is a good idea to try another service.


Starting with the GP is a good idea - read more here


For urgent support click here


LocAL clinical SERVICES

Specialist Clinical Support

Cressy Street Centre provides a range of specialist clinical support for all ages 



My Step to Mental Wellbeing

MyStep to Mental Wellbeing provides access to free and effective psychological services for people all ages living in the Murrumbidgee region. This is currently being delivered by Cressy Street Centre.


recovery focused SERVICES

Recovery focused services supports people with a mental illness on their personal journey to mental well-being.


This looks different for every person. Most people who are diagnosed with a mental illness recover, however it can be difficult to predict how long that will take and what that will look like for different people.


Recovery is not the same as a cure. It means a person is able to create and live a
meaningful life with or without mental health issues.

Deniliquin has specific Mental Health recovery programs such as those delivered by Wellways and the MLHD Recovery Unit in Wagga. These programs are voluntary and come at no cost to the person.


Wellways delivers a range of programs and supports, such as:



Mental Health Recovery Unit Wagga Wagga

People experiencing mental illness are able to access a unique, free  8-week residential course which provides a wide range of supports and skills development for people with a mental illness who are ready to take the next steps in their recovery journey.



We help people with a lived experience feel supported and meet their everyday challenges. We want them to live ordinary, even extraordinary lives.


private practitioners

It is important to know that lots of people are known as counsellors, so it is
important when deciding on a counsellor, to feel comfortable that they are suitably
qualified and experienced to help you with your needs. Counselling can be face to face or tele-health. 

The MHTP ( Mental Health Treatment Plan) will provide a rebate for up to 10 sessions per calendar year with a Medicare Registered Provider.

Find out more on the headspace website

Minding Minds

Lourene Liebenberg is a Mental Health Occupational Therapist who works mainly with adults but will see children and adolescents. She is a registered Medicare provider, and can assist families with NDIS funding.


Deniliquin Occupational Therapy Services

Sue Martin is a Medicare registered Occupational Therapist who works with children and their families. She is also able to assist with children, adolescents and their families who have NDIS funding.



  • You can make an appointment by calling Sue on 0427 876 841

Susie Crawford

Visiting psychologist who sees adults, children, adolescents, and couples, NDIS, TAC and Workcover (NSW and Vic) clients. 


Therapy Connect

Private provider of allied health services “online” via telehealth. They offer flexible, person-centred support to children, youth and adults with disability and/or challenging behaviours.


Mark Johnston

Mark Johnston is an Occupational Therapist who works with Adults and Adolescent males. He is registered with Medicare, NDIA and DVA.



  • You can make an appointment by calling Mark on 0407 967 224 and to discuss his fee options.

Practitioners and Clinics outside of Deniliquin

digital and online resources 

There are many benefits to using online resources. Not only is it free and can be
accessed from the safety and comfort of a  person’s home or personal space,
but it also provides access anywhere, anytime.

Many services offer access to counselling or someone to talk to, but importantly also educates and
provides reliable information. Understanding what is happening for us and what we
can do about it, can reduce fear, isolation and stigma preventing help-seeking.


These resources provide links to crisis support, interactive treatment programs,counselling support and useful APPS.

Download the EMHPRAC Guide to Digital Mental Health Resources (PDF) containing an extensive list of services

Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health, whatever their age and wherever they live.



SANE Australia

We offer services to help support all Australians affected by complex mental health issues. Whatever your age, ethnicity, faith, disability, sexuality, or gender identity, we have something for you.



Black Dog Institute

Information, fact sheets and research


addiction sUPPORT 

ADIS - Alcohol and Other Drugs Information Service

ADIS provides 24 hour 7 day a week telephone counselling, support, referrals and information for those affected by alcohol or other drugs. ADIS counsellors are trained to work with people who are concerned about their own alcohol and drug use, as well as callers who are concerned about their family or friends. ADIS is a free service which is available to all residents of NSW.


Family Drug Support

Supporting families affected by alcohol and other drugs 



Reach Out

ReachOut is Australia’s leading online mental health organisation for young people and their parents. Their information pages provide comprehensive explanations of addiction.



ADF (Alcohol and Drug Foundation) 

Search the Alcohol and Drug Foundation's comprehensive list of Australian Help and Support Services.


Gambling Helpline

Support for anyone affected by gambling, available 24/7.

Includes Chat Counselling, Email Support, SMS Services, Forum Access, Self Help Modules, Self-Assessments


workplace injury and bullying  


Workplace injury, whether through an accident or as a result of a psychological workplace injury, is very difficult to deal with and working our what to do and what to expect can be overwhelming.  

A psychological workplace injury is difficult to prove and the nature of the injury will often cause symptoms such as anxiety, which can make it even more difficult to function day to day and to complete the tasks necessary with managing your claim and your injury. 


A useful resource to help you navigate some of the challenges is this blog - aworkcovervictimsdiary.org


In NSW, the functions of Workcover are delivered by three separate organisations (read more at workcover.nsw.gov.au):
Safe Work NSW

We are New South Wales’ workplace health and safety regulator. We offer advice on improving work health and safety, provide licences and registration for potentially dangerous work, investigate workplace incidents and enforce work health and safety laws in NSW.



The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) regulates motor accidents CTP and workers compensation insurance as well as the home building compensation fund in NSW.



icare (Insurance & Care NSW) delivers insurance and care services to the people of New South Wales, under the NSW Workers Compensation Scheme. Whether a person is severely injured in the workplace or on our roads, icare supports their long-term care needs to improve quality of life outcomes, including helping people return to work.


© 2020 Deniliquin Mental Health Awareness Group

If you or someone you know has concerns about their mental health, please see the GP or navigate these pages for help. 

If you or someone you know is feeling mentally distressed or suicidal please call Accessline 1800 800 944 or present to the nearest ED department and they will help you access Mental Health Emergency Services.  

If a life is in danger, please CALL 000 straight away.